Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards (PBSA) 2019
The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention is being organized by Ministry of External Affairs in association with the State Government of Uttar Pradesh in January 2019. In reverence to the sentiments of larger Indian Diaspora community to participate in Kumbh Snan and their desire to witness the Republic Day Parade, the 15th PBD Convention 2019 will be held from 21 – 23 January 2019 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The theme of the 15th PBD Convention is : Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India.
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards (PBSA) is conferred on a person of Indian origin and Non-Resident Indians or an organization / Institution established and run by a PIO/NRI who has made significant contribution in any of the following fields :
For Achievements Abroad.
(a) Better understanding of India;
(b) Support to India’s causes and concerns in a tangible way;
(c) Building closer links between India, the overseas Indian community and their country of residence;
(d) Social and humanitarian causes in India or abroad;
(e) Welfare of the local Indian community;
(f) Philanthropic and charitable work;
(g) Eminence in one’s field or outstanding work, which has enhanced India’s prestige in the country of residence; or
(h) Eminence in skills which has enhanced India’s prestige in that country (for non professional workers).
For Achievements within India:
(a) Philanthropic investments and charitable work in India.
(b) For contributions made towards India’s Development
- The guidelines/draft gazette notification governing the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award and form for nomination are attached.
- Executive Heads of Recognized / Registered Indian Organizations and previous awardees of PBSA are requested to nominate a person of India origin and Non-Resident Indians or an organization / Institution established and run by a PIO/NRI who has made significant contribution in any of the fields as mentioned above.
- Self-nomination has been allowed for PBSA 2019. In case of self-nomination, the duly completed nomination forms (incomplete nomination forms will not be entertained) may be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com and the hard copy at the following address: Dr. Manoj Kumar Mohapatra, Joint Secretary(OIA.II), Ministry of External Affairs, Room No.916, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021.
- For any further queries, you may contact the Head of Chancery of Indian Embassy at: 5349958; firstname.lastname@example.org (.) The completed nomination forms and enclosures, as specified, may please be sent by email to : email@example.com followed by the original hard copy so as to reach by 15 May 2018.
(i) Gazette Notification
(ii) Nomination Form