Registration of Birth and Issue of Birth Certificate
- Parents may apply for registration of birth of their minor child born outside India within a period of one year of its occurrence.
- Online registration of birth can be made through link: https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/Home2.aspx?formcode=09 . Applicants should submit the printout of the online application and the following documents for registering the birth of the child at the Indian Embassy :
- Passports of both parents
- Birth Certificate issued by the Thjodskrá Islands National Registers of Iceland
- Registration of Birth of the child issued by the local authorities and its English translation duly apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Iceland
- Marriage Certificate of parents – duly attested / apostilled by the CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi (if married in India), or Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Iceland (if married in Iceland). In case of marriage other than in India or Iceland, the marriage certificate must bear attestation of the concerned Indian Mission.
- Affidavit jointly signed by both the parents declaring that they have no objection to the registration of the birth of the child as an Indian national and issue of Indian passport. (duly apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Iceland if either parent is an Icelandic National). The parents should declare in the affidavit that the child does not hold the passport of any country. The format of Affidavit is appended at the end.
- Two photographs of the child
- Important : Name / Surname of the child mentioned in online application should match with that on the birth certificate issued by local authorities
We, the parents of ………………………….…… have no objection to the registration of the birth of the child as an Indian national and issue of Indian passport. We do solemnly and sincerely declare that our child does not hold the passport of any other country. We do solemnly and sincerely declare that all the particulars stated in the application are true and we make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.
Signed on ….day of ……(month) …………(year) at ……….(Place)
(Signature of father)
Passport No :
(Signature of mother)
Passport No :