- The Ayurveda Day is celebrated every year from year 2016, on the occasion of Dhanwantri Jayanti (Dhanteras). This year it falls on 13 November 2020. Ayurveda Day is more an occasion of re-dedication to the profession and society, than one of the festivities or celebrations. Potential role of Ayurveda in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic will be the focus of this year’s ‘Ayurveda Day’ observation.
- On this occasion, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India will launch the conferment of (i) Institute of National Importance (TNT) status to Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA), Jamnagar and (ii) Deemed-to-be-University status (under de-novo category) to National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur via virtual platform from 10:30 A.M. to 11:15 A.M. (IST). This will be followed by a webinar at 11:30 A.M. to 03:00 P.M. (IST) on the theme of the 5th Ayurveda Day – “Ayurveda for COVID19 Pandemic”.
- It may please be noted that since the two virtual programs are on different platforms, it would be needed for participants to log on to different URLs as detailed below:
- For inaugural program and address of Hon’ble Prime Minister
Time: 10:30 A.M. to 11:15 A.M. (IST)
- For international webinar on Ayurveda for COVID19 pandemic
Time: 11:30 A.M. to 03:00 P.M. (IST)
- These programs will also be streamed live on official YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/MinistryofAYUSHofficial) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/moayush) of Ministry of AYUSH.