Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) for the academic year 2017-18, is going to be launched on 17th July, 2017.
1. The online portal for the scheme is spdcindia.gov.in. The last date of submission of applications online is 30.09.2017.
1. As SPDC is applicable to Children of NRIs/PIOs/OCIs in 66 countries for undergraduate programmes. The scheme is applicable to the following four categories:
2. Of 150 scholarships under SPDC, 50 are reserved for category (c) and (d) above.
3. To bring further clarity in the eligibility criteria, some changes have been made in the guidelines (attached) w.e.f 2017-18, which are mentioned below:
4. Applicants should attach the conversion scale so that grade achieved in qualifying exam (Grade 12th) could be converted into percentage of marks achieved, wherever required.
5. For income proof, in addition to the salary certificate from the employer, an undertaking that total monthly income of both the parents does not exceed US$ 4000 should also be uploaded in the SPDC portal.